12 topics that PMP covers
Exam: PMI PMP - Project Management Professional
PMP (Project Management Professional) is the certification that is given by Project Management Institute. About 618,933 certified professionals are there with around 272 chartered chapters in about 104 countries around the world. PMP certification is the certification designed and meant for Project Mangers which is we recognized by the industry. The certification shows that the professionals have education, experience, and is competent to direct and lead projects. The certification increases the market value the professionals with an increase in salary, according to the survey done by PMI. The certification impacts the salaries of the managers in a positive way.
The PMP certification recognizes the competence shown in directing and leading project team. For an individual who have experience as a project manager wants to increase his/her earnings, wants to stand ahead of others, then PMP certification is best for him/her.
The individuals who are looking for the certification should have any one of the following requirements:
- A high secondary school degree or equivalent with minimum five years of experience in project management along with working experience of 7500 hours in directing and leading projects and 35 hrs. of education in project management.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent with experience of 03 years in project management and with working experience of 4500 hours in directing and leading projects and 35 hrs. of education in project management.
In case you don’t meet the necessary requirement you may look for CAMP (Certified Associate in Project Management).
The topics covered
The certification of the PMP exam consists of topics that you need to complete the management project course. The course include the following topics
- Fundamentals of PMP: This chapter deals with the general information about the project management that is not included in the rest of the nine process sections. This topic will provide you the overview about the various disciplines of the project management, its sections, its operations, the characteristics that are associated with the projects. The sections deal with the constraints of the project management.
- Integration: This topic covers the knowledge about the various methods for the Project Integration. It covers the key concepts about the Project Integration Management. The section consist of development of the project charter, to develop pan for project management, to manage and direct projects, control and monitor projects. This section will help you earn the ways of project management and its integration.
- Scope: This section covers the scope management of the project. The candidate wi earn to pan, manage, execute, control, define the scope of the given project. The section will provide you the knowledge to control the working of the project.
- Time: This is the most important section of the PMP course. This section will teach to manage the time for the project. This section will make you equipped to manage you time we and use it effectively.
- Cost: This section will allow covering the knowledge that is required for the management of the cost for a project. The section will make you aware of the various ways to reduce the cost of the project or complete the project in the given budget.
- Risks: This chapter covers the concepts that are associated with the risks a project have. You will be aware of the steps that are required to complete the project. You will learn methods by which you can complete you project without any risks.
- Quality: The section covers the details about the maintenance of the equality of the project done and its maintenance. The topic includes panning, performing quality assurance, perform the quality management workshops and in school time.
- Human Resource: This section deals with the HR that is related to human resource. The section covers acquiring the team, planning for the team, and working with the team.
- Communication: This section will help you acquire the knowledge in the area of communication for the project management. The section will unable you pan enroll and test the eve of knowledge of the candidate.
- Procurement: This section deals with the concepts for the areas of Procurement of the projects. This section deals with the candidate’s ability to make the work done by people outside the project.
- Stakeholders: The sections cover the knowledge about the various stakeholder that are working the projects. The section deals with the candidate to identify people, groups, and organizations that are working on the project.
- Ethics: the section deals with the ethics related to the projects. The section will help you deal with the conduct you should have at the time of during the project. The candidate should not work by taking or giving any kind of gifts or money.
The various sections of the PMP exam will make you a complete project manager, if you study according to the syllabus of the exam.
The preparation of the exam requires you to decide how you want to prepare for the exam. You want to go for training or for self study. You should prepare yourself for the exam by following a pattern of study. You should be committed to prepare for the exam. You are required to study a fixed amount of time daily to complete the preparation.
You should study chapter by chapter and practice the questions given. You should take notes about the chapter. As soon as you reach closer to your exam date, revise the notes taken, study the topics you feel you are weak at, and attempt the practice papers which are available to you.
You should refer following books for your study:
- Rita Mulcahy, latest edition
- PMBOK, latest edition
- Reading material that you get on hand to
- Rita Mulchay’s, super PMP test
- Global knowledge Book and Mock test.
- Pm study Mock test