5 ways to improve your PMP score
Exam: PMI PMP - Project Management Professional
PMP (Project Management Professional) is the certification that is given by Project Management Institute. About 618,933 certified professionals are there with around 272 chartered chapters in about 104 countries around the world. PMP certification is the certification designed and meant for Project Mangers which is we recognized by the industry. The certification shows that the professionals have education, experience, and is competent to direct and lead projects. The certification increases the market value the professionals with an increase in salary, according to the survey done by PMI. The certification impacts the salaries of the managers in a positive way.
The PMP certification recognizes the competence shown in directing and leading project team. For an individual who have experience as a project manager wants to increase his/her earnings, wants to stand ahead of others, then PMP certification is best for him/her.
The individuals who are looking for the certification should have any one of the following requirements:
- A high secondary school degree or equivalent with minimum five years of experience in project management along with working experience of 7500 hours in directing and leading projects and 35 hrs. of education in project management.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent with experience of 03 years in project management and with working experience of 4500 hours in directing and leading projects and 35 hrs. of education in project management.
In case you don’t meet the necessary requirement you may look for CAMP (Certified Associate in Project Management).
Ways to improve your score
The professionals who wish to apply for the certification should register by logging in through the online system. The printable version is also available. The PMP certification exam is computer based comprising of 200 multiple type questions with duration of 4 hours. The candidates can give the exam at the registered test centers for the exam. You can take training for the preparation of the exam or follow a pan to study for the test.
The question pattern of the exam consists of multiple choice questions. You should be careful while answering the questions, make sure you have answered all the questions. Because there is no negative marking to the questions answered wrongly. If you guess a question there are chances of getting the answers correct by 50 percent. But in case you don’t answer the question you lose that chance of 50 percent also. You can be surer about the answer in case you don’t have any idea about the topic the question comes from, look for the answers that can’t be the answer of the question, by reading the question carefully. If you succeed in doing that you get a 50 percent chance for question you don’t have any idea.
You can guess a question by the increasing the probability of guessing correctly, i.e. imagine any two follow the questions as correct answer and choose the best among them. You can also try another way which is a bit different, look for the answers that are definitely incorrect for the question. In that case you will and up with the right answer. Other than this there are other ways two by which you can improve you PMP score. Here are 5 ways by which you can achieve a pretty good score
- Reading the question paper along with their answers carefully: You can get to know the correct answer if you don’t know the answer to the question. This can be very effective in guessing an answer. If you the answer the careful read will and you up at the answer carefully. Go through the question and given options even if you know the answer.
- Anticipating the answer after you read the question: Sometimes it is possible to get the answer before you look for the answer choices. This can help you get to the correct answer. In case you reach an answer that is not present in the answer, read the question again. You can hide the answer yourself to decrease the possibility of a wrong answer.
- Negation or superlative in the question: If the question before you has words like none, never, not, neither. Then it means that the answer is an absolute or a fact, other options may seem to be the correct answer but is not. If the question contains every, all, always, none, only. The answer to the question must be fact that is undisputed. Many time qualifiers like usually, generally, often might show a statement that is correct.
- Mar the answers as true and false: You should mark the answers in relation to the question. But you consider if any modifier is present there. If you don’t consider them you may end up answering wrongly. For ex if the question has a modifier namely always, then the answer that is marked the right answer is the right answer.
- Choosing between two similar answers: When two of the answers look correct to you, it is a clear indication that one of them is correct. You should look for the key words in the questions that you find ion the answer. In this way you will end up getting the answer that is correct.
While answering the questions you should be pretty careful as the clearance of the exam will and you up in having the certification that will affect your career. In case it seems to you that the question you answered is incorrect, don’t get shy in changing your answer. You have prepared for the exam we then answer the questions carefully so that you don’t get fail and you have to attempt again. So go clear the exam keeping the details in mind.